Thursday, July 31, 2008

Week 7 or Thing 17...!

Bebo, Myspace, Facebook.... I have a Facebook page, since about January this year. With about 28 friends. I belong to seven groups. I have a Scrabulous application and I still can't decide between Shelfari and Visual Bookshelf.... It's one good way of keeping up with the diaspora of Zimbabweans, and relatives who don't send Christmas cards or emails. I don't think I want to use it for anything else.
However it looks really good, being used by a library... Certainly a way of communicating that would appeal to many young people out there. Just think of the Learn.net usage after school! As mentioned before, I approve of both
Hennipin County Library on Facebook and Auckland City Libraries on Bebo. I looked for other library users on Facebook, and came up with a few! There's a Library 2.0 Interest group on Facebook with over 6000 members, just in case you'ld like to subscribe to yet another discussion board or site... and plenty more groups out there with similar interests.

No comments: