Thursday, July 17, 2008

Bookshelf below!

Now this was fun... partly because I found LibraryThing frustrating because it was so s..l..o..w... (I have just been there again and it said it's experiencing overload... I am not surprised.)
But, I belong to Facebook, and I have tried out two bookshelf applications. I like Visual Bookshelf... and look! I can enter the books I have read there, on Facebook, and they update to a window in my dear old Blog! I don't have to everything twice...
And to enter them on Visual Bookshelf I just have to paste in the title from an exported version of my reading history, and click on a cover that matches the one I read, mark it already read... I can then go to a list of my books and rate them if I wish....
So that was a relief.
Mind you, if LibraryThing gets a little easier to manage, I can import books from it into Visual Bookshelf...
and then - after all of that, I found an [old] blog called The Official Lair of Daniela. There are posts to this comment of course, with more comparisons... so have fun if you have the time...

No comments: