Saturday, August 7, 2010

Web 2.0: Round Three : Week 1: Box.net

Wow! Life just keeps getting more and more... er... was going to say simple, but I'm not sure that is quite the case! We live in hectic times, and things are just not as slow and sedate as in the past. The little 'tour' on Box.net described this perfectly, and yes, using Box.net would be a way to sort out one side of our hectic lives. Having said that, of course, it is yet another login to remember! Never mind - it is simple to use as far as I can see, and it was quick.
My file link is http://www.box.net/signup/collablink/d_48351270/384c5926becc4


Is this anything we would use for work purposes? You never know! It may be fantastic, just in case we don't have an "eLGARnet" in our new super city.
Would you use it personally? Probably not... but if I travelled a lot... one way of 'sending work home'!
How easy is it to use? It seems very easy...
What worked for you and what didn't? I suppose the 'free' bit and the ease of access worked. Although I wonder how long the 'free' would last... was even a little concerned that my login info was too business-like...I find it hard to separate this web learning from 'work' in that I use passwords and emails with work associations, and so I am down as 'Librarian'.... I also wonder how robust it is?
Would customers find this site useful? Probably some would!
Would you promote this to customers? I might if it seemed like something they wanted...

1 comment:

tosca said...

Excellent points! And yay you for starting already :) I'm hoping that the need for something like Box.net will not be a necessity in the new supercity but umm fingers crossed LOL It does ridiculously easy to use, doesn't it? I kept looking for the catch. I also have to admit that were I to use this site more often I'd definitely opt to use their iPhone application (which I downloaded just now and it's also scaring me how easy it is to use). I'd also probably NOT upload sensitive files. Not that I have anything sensitive to upload in the first place but you get what I mean. And you're dead right, whether or not our staff would promote it comes down to the context of the discussion you're having at the time :)