Sunday, August 10, 2008

WOW - the 23rd thing...

Oh dear - I feel as though I have finished in a bit of a rush, but there was a lot of learning in there!
Loved:
Blogs. Even if someone said - "What are you doing that for, it's just a diary online?" Well, yes it is, and it is a huge time waster, but it was a great way to discover the various aspects of dear old Web 2.0. I also enjoyed the formatting side of the blogging business. Making things "pretty"... and I am absolutely stunned by some of the fantastic blogs out there! Creativity rules! And not one the same.
I also enjoyed finding out more about Flickr and Picasa, and using pictures ... How much of it I have retained is another question, of course.
And del.ici.ous to sort out our untidy generic computers! Whew!

Bloglines. This is a side I think I will return to. For my own benefit. I have only a few sites that I visit for 'updates', and this is one way to go. I realise that there are other ways of getting feeds to one's internet toolbar (my computer at home keeps on suggesting Firefox's Bookmarks) but at least I am now aware of that. I always wondered what RSS was like...

Didn't enjoy: The Time it all took. It does take time, and I don't know how we are going to avoid that when we start doing more of this with our library work. I have commented on this before. Enough said. One can only type so fast. (except maybe Catatonia...)

Thoughts: I can see ways in which each of the aspects we looked at could be used in our work - even zoho or google docs... Library 2.0 is another way of communicating, and is evolving all the time. The danger in that is not being wide-awake enough to the trends, and perhaps catching the wrong bus... but nothing ventured...!

No comments: